2021 Collab: Week 02 “Furniture” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 2 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Furniture”.

• “Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working.”
  • “Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment.”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-01-16T22:55:00Z

5 Likes

Hey guys, first time on the challenge, what do you think?

Every villains office be like this

Can you find out how to unreveal the stairs?

17 Likes

Great entry, so much fun and details. You have still time to tweak some item maybe?

1 Like

I’ll certainly do it, this was just my initial idea I got on my head when I read “furniture”, but there is a lot more details I can add to the scene, you see the empty places on the bookshelf? still thinking about what to put in there

2 Likes

If that is a villains office, I want to be a villain! Good work!

2 Likes

I tried to recreate Joi Tribbiani’s flat this time, what do you think?

13 Likes

Very recognizable. Nice textures. Good project.

1 Like

There is a chair in there.

13 Likes

Hey guys I tweaked my scene a little bit, added some textures and small details to the scene

5 Likes

Love the wall texture by the stairs.

2 Likes

I love the updated version. Especially how creatively you used what you did previously in the course :wink: Good job!

2 Likes

thaaaanks man! I’m still adjusting the items and pictures, there is some things I think could be better

1 Like

okay, now I think I’m done

1 Like

15 Likes

Great entries folks! This is definitely going to be a hard one to choose which I’m going to vote for. Hmmmm . . . :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m really amazed by all these renders, it feels great to become part of such a brilliant community

2 Likes

Another style :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This time around I focused mostly on artistic style, not modeling. So I focused on color, lighting, shaders and composition. The modeling is pretty simple and I’ve used 2 models from sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/antique-chair-5dfe7d704a1d4ad6be5f4a77fbb488d3 https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/rose-b7c1acfae8174a5998e6735fbd1cb4d8. I hope this is not against the rules :sweat_smile: (If I find enough time I will replace those models with my own).

Surprisingly I had an idea for this as soon as FedPete created this topic. I even started with a few sketches (which I’ll not show as I’m really bad at drawing). It looks really simple, but I put quite a lot of time into it :sweat_smile:. It didn’t exactly come out as I have it in my head, but it’s quite close:

15 Likes

Getting the lighting right is what would have taken me the most time if I were to create something similar. It’s something that I personally really struggle with. At least I am aware of my limitations so I am able to work on pushing past that limitation.
I’m impressed with yours for sure.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms