2021 Collab: Week 02 “Furniture” - CLOSED

I have/had the same idea. Wanted something simple to create. And emphasize realism. So references, Cycles, materials, my own textures, etc. My machine doesn’t like this. Crashes, unresponsive …
Still some hours to apply more details …

4 Likes

Gerrit Rietveld, “de Stijl” 1918 - 1923

Render and reference photo.

More info on Gerrit Rietveld

4 Likes

The final entry, Cycles 750 samples.

7 Likes

I know this is kind of a late entry, but I was working on this last month as practice and I just realized it would fit perfectly with the theme.

8 Likes

Late too. lol.

Took some time tidying up an old model, found all sorts of little bits and pieces to sort out. it is a copy of an original medieval chest. But made as though new as it once would have been. Omitting later added padlocking straps on the original.

7 Likes

Voting entries week 02 “Furniture”

We have a few days to vote. You can go for design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 03 “Things on the Road” is already started. The winner of this week “Furniture” challenge may select a subject for week 04.

Have fun, stay healthy.

2 Likes

This week 03 subject “Things on the road”

2 Likes

I miss bevel here and there. Also, the rivets (nails?) are to equal (repetition), maybe rotate z-axis a bit.
Although I probable underestimate the craftsmanship of those days, I got the feeling it is too mechanical made. No imperfections, no sign of usage.
I know it is really hard to do and probable your entry is far from finished.
I like the tapestry, but also here I miss some depth.

Still a great piece of furniture! Lots of fun to go.

2 Likes

We have a winner!
@Reginaldo_Junior Congratulations!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms