1 Like

Thanks. But it’s not mine design.
Its from Yt tutorial.

4 Likes

Just spotted mice and squirrel :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you! Thanks to everybody!

1 Like

I expect they were the very low poly birds, sparrows, or blender elves added them without me knowing! :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol. Ok.
The one on the roof by the moon definitely looks like a mice. Than I spotted one on the well that I figured is a squirrel, as is by the tree :joy:
You could make pictures with 10 thigs to find :laughing:

2 Likes

There are 4 birds. One is the roof mouse imposter, One on top of the well is a tailless squirrel, So two to find and one is a robin! It is a 4 item search to keep it easy. :joy:

2 Likes

Challenge accepted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. More i look at this sceene more i like it. Illuminations in the windows and so much going on!
Found the suspects though! Roof, Topwell, tree and the one with red belly in the well :slight_smile:
So what’s the price?

1 Like

Well done! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

They were on my original low poly scene. It could pass for a mouse, but on top of a house etc. a simple sparrow should be the first thought. Had I not been following that new low poly environments course as a reviewer, my usual instinct would have made something very wastefully detailed. lol.
Prize is this image to download and for colouring in over Christmas!

1 Like

Thing on the roof, could probably spring to mind bird. But after looking for a cat up stairs and finding him downstairs my brain just said. This! Must be the mouse!
As for the price.
I graciously accept.

2 Likes

Rendering :grin:
My be a bit late if thats ok.
Technically ive finished. But it takes ages to render :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Learned a lot making this one. Self discovery and some tutorials .
I noticed girls right knee came up pencil sized (somehow) but this is it, rendered now. Not the only flaw :slight_smile:
Different look.
Homeless Christmas.

7 Likes

Very nice and cheery too! Making a shadow to enhance that great warming fire the homeless man has! Very fancy boots and a full frosty decorative window.
Seems the snow add on got a lot of use this year! Did you make a whole homeless person or is it mostly image?

3 Likes

Now I can’t help admiring her boots! :laughing:
Also nice touch with the steam from her breath.

4 Likes

The picture is from salvation army website. I hope they wot prosecute me :sweat_smile:
Ive traced picture with vertices and created plane using quads. Ive subdevided it and extruded slightly. Than uv unwrap from projection. Stretched uv map on the picture. Than i sculpted extruded shape using inflate brush to approximatethe the shape. Finally I used picture as albedo and also filtered trough colorramp, invert and separate XYZ where required for roughness and bump map. It was the easyest part of the work. Appart fro the gutter… Images on the boards and window made in Gimp with use of alpha images also from web. Rest is my own work :grinning:

2 Likes

Best wishes to you all Blender fans and more

I see that those extra working weeks are very well spent! A lot of work has been put into all those beautiful ideas and expressions. You are such a creative group of creative people. Congratulations to you all!

And a Happy New Year,
Pete

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry. If you win, you get a badge! - For this vote, you can select up to three votes!

1 Like

@NP5 Congratulations on your winning entry to the 2021 Christmas Special. It has a special evening atmosphere and lots of details. Beautiful snowflakes and a rustic look. Good composition and scene layout.

• Blest - Love your painting, colors, and highlights. A beautiful painting, a good conversion!
  • FedPete - You did your best. Learned new things and starting to animate … maybe 2022
  • Peter_Khromov - Our coding champ, although the game was too difficult for me. But the 3D game animation and game coding were perfect.
  • ZachDude - I was really expecting an extensive animation. Because all elements were there. But as with many projects, time is a great asset.
  • Mateusz - I expected a higher score. Because it is a well-executed Blender project. Good material usage. Fine modeling, And a well-told story.

I think we are all winners here!.

Personally, I wish you all the best for this new year 2022. Keep healthy, in good spirits, and have a happy new year. With Blender 3.0 there are new things to explore. Let’s do this together.

Pete.

9 Likes

Oh Thank you ALL.

That was a nice surprise I had not been watching the vote progress.
Some very good entries on this longer version collab.
Now if I get on with my original intents now, it may be ready for next Christmas! :joy:

I wish all the best for the new year and getting used to the new things in Blender3! Or trying out existing things or addons.

Lucky cat! Last addition, low poly but looks fine in the big scene. :cat:

6 Likes

Well deserved victory :slight_smile:
It feels like something nice and tasty is cooking in this cosy looking house on the winter day.
Cat - My be low poly but it shows you can get great effect with the right placing. To be honest its where I got my idea to the homeless dude on my piece. Its far enough to fool the eyes. Great approach. I need more of that. Although in my case it kind of felt like cheating using picture wrapped around a blob of mesh, but hey! Its cheap and easy for any animation or game project :slight_smile:
All in all great entries and hoping to see more interesting ones this new year. To with I wish you all the best one. Despite the fact its just our planet doing its usual thing since 4.6 billion years, have yet another happy go around :grinning:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms