Zombi-Care FPS shooter

Here is my take on the Zombie Runner game developed in the Unity 3D course. I have added extra menus, sound effects and music. There is a lot more that I would like to add, such as moving the detection radius to the player instead of the zombies so that whether you are detected depends a lot more on your actions but I feel that the game as it is is in a very good place.

Zombi-Care | ShareMyGame.com

I spent a week or so adding the extras and fine tuning the experience and have manage to accomplish most of the things that I wanted to including an audio crossfade between 2 different ambient sounds as you walk through the entrance to the bunker.

Please feel free to have a look at it and I am happy to receive any feedback, good or bad, as long as it is constructive.

Time for me to move onto the RPG course I think. Can’t wait to get started on that one!

3 Likes

I’ve played the game i really liked specially the bunker, I think you did a awesome project.

Some suggestions:
Maybe the pickable items could be floating inside a sphere maybe, i find it way to big.
When firing the weapon doesn’t allow me to shoot more than a certain distance, it basicly locks if i aim more than “100m”.

Really liked the game and your level design just gave me an idea !
Good luck with the RPG Course !
Can’t wait to get started as well :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback @MalvadoEZY.

I definitely like the idea of shrinking down the pickups as they are kind of on the large side. I wanted to make sure that they were easily noticeable but after your comments, I am now thinking that maybe smaller with a weak light source or sphere would have been a better approach.

The weapon range is actually part of the course content and I do like it - pistol fires medium range with high fire rate and low power and shotgun is high power with short range and slow fire rate etc. After seeing your comment though, a visual or audio indicator of some sort to let the player know that the target is out of the weapons range would have been a very good thing to add.

As the programmer, I know why the gun would not fire based on range or time since last shot.

However, I didn’t realise that the player would not necessarily be aware of these mechanics and think that the system was not working. Thank you very for pointing this out and if I decide to update the game in the future, some kind of feedback to let the player know why the gun does not fire will definitely be added.

Thank you again for the great feedback and I am really happy that you enjoyed the experience.

1 Like

The weapon range makes sense indeed, yeah an indicator would be much better!

I would like very much to play the next update!

Keep up the good work! :muscle:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms