WW2-Style Ships

Im about to make a corsair model which was the USA naval carrier aircraft of the ww2 era…if you want the model for your aircraft carrier to fill the decks lemme know …will be done in a week or so i think …how about making the Bismarck? that was one hell of a battleship!

1 Like

Bismark hey? I’ll have a crack at it later, may take me awhile, though. Re: Corsair. I prefer to use my own stuff, just in case I get to the point of using them for a game or selling them as 3D-printable models or what-have-you, so there’s no ownership snafus. Thanks for the offer, though! I’d still be keen to see your model. :slight_smile:

Makes complete sense to me mate :slight_smile: your ships are great, you have inspired me to make a few…I was thinking of battleships a few months back but never got around to it…after seeing yours I now must make at least one haha you did a brilliant job of them all!! How long have you been at blender?

1 Like

I think I answered earlier in the thread, but for more detail, I started with Metasequoia many years ago and went no-where quick, had no luck with that program at all. My next attempt was when I downloaded Blender in April 2014, but my PC at the time died in May, so I had a break 'til January 2015, but only stayed on for about a month due to time constraints (read as: overly clingy girlfriend at the time so had zero time to myself 'til we broke up), then I started yet again January of this year, which is from when I made all the models in this thread. :slight_smile:

Bit of a necro, but I’m actually livestreaming making a ship right now at twitch.tv/guillocuda tutorial style. Will be going for about 3.5 hours.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms