WTF with that caching stuff

In couple of minutes I’ve found the issue (wrong position). And first I’ve tried to do is to AttachToComponent.

But it has no effect because of stupid “caching” stuff… And in fact I’ve spent around 20 minutes just to gave up and then see it’s a stupid glitch.

I understand it’s the engine bug, but it’s not fair to ask spend with such glitch! There is just no way to manage it unless you know you need to restart UE4 Editor after each code change!

p.s. also hate such carelessness about blindly copy-pasting in almost every video. Actually it’s not ok and all such stuff should be re-recorded not to spend our time. It’s not a free no-name lessons from some newbies…

This kind of irritates me as well. The fact that it’s caused @ben compilation errors due to copying and pasting numerous times just highlights why it’s a bad coding habbit.

I agree and apologise. Re-recording isn’t possible due to our strict version control. We could re-work entire sections but that would be at the cost of it being longer before we get you multiplayer and VR content. Rest assured the frequency drops, and maybe even eliminates once Sam takes over.

I apologise for this and hope you can make your way through it to extract the value within.

Privacy & Terms