Wrapping up on Fine Details

Slowly but surely, and not entirely sure about some aspects. The torso feels off in some way I’m having trouble putting my finger on. Too square, perhaps? Had a first try at fingers, and I think they’re more or less acceptable to me. With the alphas and detailing, I very much tried to bring out a “rugged”, “seen a lot of fights” look.

3 Likes

I’ve had a question occur, as I muse on the character creation. I’d still kind of like to make an attempt to give the model hair. However, I have no idea when in the process would be best for me to approach that. Or if there even is a “best” stage for such. Any suggestions?

1 Like

What viscous claw marks! He definitely looks battle-hardened. You’re right about the torso, I think he might be missing the pelvic bulge a little?

With hair, my suggestion would be to add a block out version in your current stage, since hair can significantly change the silhouette and character. Just using the same techniques as the body, sculpting with remesh and dynotopo. The clay strips and draw sharp can imply a lot of hair lines and direction. Then after the texturing stage you could look into using actual particles for finer hair. :grinning:

2 Likes

Made a fair few edits, and added a very rough hair mesh for silhouette purposes, following Zach’s recommendation.

3 Likes

Hey that looks better! :grinning:
He’s almost got a Predator sort of vibe going for him :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Looking very good. That bulge in the shoulders spine area now covered with hair. As a made up monster he can’t be ‘wrong’ anatomically :grin:.

Hands are good, just wonder if too ‘light’ for the size of him?

1 Like

I actually edited down that original shoulder bulge… that was unintended and obnoxious lol.

Mixed feelings on the hands. I already upsized them in my edits, and they’re a little wonky for it. I’m a little leery of further editing them.

1 Like

Begun working my way through the next sections, but this is where I ended up post-clothing.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms