Work in progress, house and assets

For this section, I chose to do the lower floor of my house. Its not finished yet - but most of the assets I chose to do at the start of the section are complete. Below is a screenshot of the house ‘so far’, and some choice shots and assets. I plan on adding to this post as I complete further work.

still trying out roof textures and techniques.

The office is coming along. Im very please with my latest asset, the office chair. Im glad i waited till the end of the section before starting that.

Early days on the lounge. My hovering sofas dont have feet yet, and im trying out diffuse colours versus real wall textures here.

The kitchen is also early - no handles yet and i have to do wall cabinets and a sink - but its nice to have them all in and in proportion.Ive a cooker image placeholder - but it doesnt look accurate from this angle - so there is another modelling challenge to complete!

Everything in this model is a modular linked asset. I must have about 20 wall pieces and a similar number of cupboards so far. The whole house is a project of love I am designing to be walked around in VR. I’ll be using this model in the long term, for future decisions on furniture and decor. My wife is already asking me to add a garden, so we can plan our new driveway…

10 Likes

Nicely constructed! I think furniture is difficult but looks it’s not a problem for you! Again, great work.

Thanks for the kind comments, I just found it very helpful to run around the house measuring up each item i wanted to model. There is a tape measure, notebook and camera permanently on my desk now.

Nuuu…I am not running around measuring stuff in my house. Nuuuu…no…never…LOL…I would drive myself crazy doing that and never get anything done. Glad you have a plan! It really shows in your work and probably will lead you much further then my eyeball the item method! :slight_smile:

Again, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms