Wondering if i can remove the background of a video in Blender?

So this is actually a video. Ik i can remove the background of an image but wanted to know if i can do it for a small video.

2 Likes

you can :slight_smile:

no blender atm in front of my eyes… but as far as I remember: in render settings, film, there is a box to check transparency.

3 Likes

What have you tried? Where in Blender? Shader nodes, compositor? Does the video have the transparency or are you trying to give it transparency? Can a video have transparency? If so does it need a particular file type?
Never used video but there is also the video editor part of Blender.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried anything yet. I think i can turn image sequences transparent and then render it as a video but this is a video file i downloaded and wanted to see if the black background can be removed. Been busy with work so I haven’t had the time to research much on this.

1 Like

Yeah i think it’s possible too but I’m not very sure it applies to imported videos. Myabe i should research more.

2 Likes

You can add a blend mode, like ‘screen’ in compositing. as a quick fix.

Ah! I did misunderstood your question. For that you would probably need some video editing software. As NP5 said, there is a simplified version in blender. I don’t think this one has such capabilities. From the free options I think Davinci Resolve. What’s crazy it’s professional editing software used by big studios and it’s free. I used it a bit in the past for simple stuff, but I need to learn it at some point.

Quick google search shows that it might be possible to do what you want: Remove Black or Color Background in DaVinci Resolve | Motion Array

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms