[WIP] The Complete Blender Character Creator

Honestly, I find that inorganic, mechanical things are far easier to design in Blender, but humans, or anything living, is much more difficult. While I understand that lots of people are looking for more functionality things in their courses, I also think that this aspect is something that’s overlooked.

I understand that the Blender course does go into modeling a human head, and while I haven’t reached that point yet, I also understand that there’s much more to modeling a whole human. Especially clothing.

While I don’t ACTUALLY know what would be an appropriate “flow” for the course, I think it could go something like this:

Low-poly/“blocky” human > Clothing/Armor/Hair > Rigging/Animating the human > Non-human (cat?)

Of course, I would obviously prefer it in the order of whatever the course designers thought would be best.

28 Likes

Realistic live models, players or pawns are crucial for a credible scenario or game play experience.

+Design Human or modify model from other App (Ex MakeHuman or Daz3D)
+Rigging/Animate Human and Non-Human
+Modify Animation o Motion Capture Animation

1 Like

Awesome idea guys :slight_smile:

As someone who works with other 3D software using human, animal, clothing and prop objects, learning how to create more than what I’m able to accomplish currently, would be a great plus in my book. :wink:

This sounds like a wonderful idea, I want to make short films. So o definitely need this.

Sounds like a great idea!

Consider making the title a little more punchy.

Done. Please give this idea to your boss and if you make this course please tell me where to send flowers.

1 Like

Wonderful. Sounds much better and should hopefully garner the attention it deserves!

1 Like

Id like to see full human male and female characters, as well as animals. Possibly anthropomorphic one’s too. Rigging of all types, animation of face and basic to advanced movement. And hair/fur with physics as well as clothing. Id love to take a course like that done by @Michael_Bridges.

2 Likes

Yes please! This is the exact course I would like and will definitely purchase if you make it. Something going over simple blocky characters, up to high detail, clothing, rigging, and those funky kinematic range indicators that let you control how it animates (these seem really handy but I have very little idea how they work). What you did on rigging in the main course was really interesting and fun but it definitely felt like you could’ve carried on for a lot longer with that topic so it would be great to have some more sections dedicated to it and then maybe some sections with challenges to rig your own. Going through some walk / run animations would also be awesome. Also getting that character into a basic unity world attached to a default character controller would be amazing. @Michael_Bridges I believe in you! And would love to take another course by you on this topic :smiley:

2 Likes

Another good idea to include also is to teach how to rig/animate human facial expressions.

1 Like

There are some courses on udemy that attempt to provide some very basic character creation on Blender. However, they all fall very short and shallow.

I think my suggestion would be to have a course that starts from basic paper character sketching all the way to a fully rigged character with customizable clothing and gear (and how to apply those customization in the RPG game, for example, on character making screen or the inventory)

This is def something I need and want. I would buy this in a second. I think keeping it engine independent would be best or add sections to import to both engines but I think just the character modeling would be amazing and is much needed.

This has been launched today to our Mailchimp subscribers only, if you’d like to get on the list and find-out about weeks before anyone else, join now…

button_subscribe

Thank you!

I’ve been looking for something like this. I came by to register my support only to find out that it’s launching soon. Looked around elsewhere on udemy and youtube but nothing was as comprehensive as your courses always are.

I just signed up for the newsletter, but I suspect I’ve missed the earlybird release. Eagerly awaiting the public launch.

You all asked and so we delivered :slight_smile:

Super excited to announce the launch of the Blender Character Creator course :tada:

Time to ‘hop on over to Blender’ and get creating!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms