WIP - FedPete's “Futuristic transportation”

All main items blocked out. Start to add third level of details.
But I experience strange things with the render.
The bullets are gone, hovering high in the sky.
Which is a happy accident, mimicking vehicles in the sky. But why empties aren’t in effect, at render time, I have no clue.

5 Likes

The backside of this story …

Like in old film sets, it is fake, frontal only :wink:

2 Likes

LOL. Is that to ease the load on the computer?

Perhaps it is a feature of you futuristic transport? One side real other side a modifier, not real but there by some future magic science.

1 Like

yes I try low poly, because later, I need a lot of bevels
And now I’m starting export to different .blend files. And link them in the final scene.

2 Likes

Still working on composition and model details.
trying to find spots to add details and spots to leave blank.
The texture will be difficult and is a lot of time. Didn’t do anything on UV mapping yet.

Showing my progress. Adding a bit of blur and focal length to add some depth. Soften the shadows a bit. All lighting comes from the world, nog lamp involved.
I split the project into several files, it’s cumbersome but still has reasonable editing speeds.

4 Likes

I’m trying to fill up some screen space. Adding a planet to give it a more futuristic feel.
It’s casting a shadow. But I will render this in a different screen. And using Blender compositor.

3 Likes

More planet like

2 Likes

Combination test.
But the blend type (because of planet ring transparency) is wrong.
But I think there is to much going on.

4 Likes

Just make the planet smaller so it takes less attention?
Add a human interest character/robot servicing the fuel line area?

1 Like

Looking really cool :sunglasses:
Maybe just desaturating the planet, or adding a fog layer to give that feeling of super far away?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Some sort of robot arm, or two, an ‘eye’ and it will have a good place. That size and proportion perhaps two or three working together? Easy duplication.

1 Like

Every item added, is like a project on its own.
Personally, I think the bot is getting too much ‘funny’ look and feel. Looking Cute, because of those curves.
Not a functional machine or apparatus. flat surfaced, pointy … boxy.

1 Like

More this style?

origin

(RyanKing YouTube) but nothing special to make. I upgraded it a bit, rivets, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, but I want to make it also some sort of the spaceship design compatible …

Trash can design …

7 Likes

Nice work guys

4 Likes

Collection of re-usable body parts. Some look low poly, but relatively speaking they are not.
Because when shown small, it will be too much (when many used).

3 Likes

Last note: I really liked this project.
Something to work on later, but my computer had a system crash. And only an early backup. So this project is lost …

1 Like

What a beautiful project, everything looks great and in such harmony.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms