WIP - FedPete's “Futuristic transportation”

I’m trying to start a new project. Using a reference made by Keith Thompson because I love his style and steampunk.
My original idea was just to show the end result and if not finished, then no entry.
Because I’m not sure I will finish. The last couple of months I don’t have that much free time on my hands or the energy to do so. At this moment I have the flu.

But as @igorfv just mentioned, the Blender collab is about learning and thus sharing the work you’ve made. So here starts my journey on “Futuristic transportation”.

Blocking the main object, then jumping into sculpting. Then again low poly is to be used as the main template for hard surface modeling. This process should be easy for me, but I got already lost in Blender problems and vertices count.

5 Likes

Main goal for now is to block model the main attributes. But I find this hard to do. Easily getting lost in funny details. Which I cancel immediately. Because it not yet the place in the project flow to do so.
I also try to keep the level of vertices low. But the problem is I do not know yet, If I need them later on.

4 Likes

I try to keep the mesh clean, so that I can easily remove some edge loops, cleaning the model. bit by bit.

4 Likes

Well, I happen to think you’re off to a good start, and I look forward to seeing it completed, even if you don’t make it by the deadline for the Collab.

3 Likes

This is really cool. You’re definitely off to a good start. I agree with @Miss_B , you should try to finish it even if it’s after the deadline.

Most things blocked with basic shapes.
20K verts. 20K faces. Most dfficult and cumbersome part is UV-Mapping and texturing.

2 Likes

All main items blocked out. Start to add third level of details.
But I experience strange things with the render.
The bullets are gone, hovering high in the sky.
Which is a happy accident, mimicking vehicles in the sky. But why empties aren’t in effect, at render time, I have no clue.

5 Likes

The backside of this story …

Like in old film sets, it is fake, frontal only :wink:

2 Likes

LOL. Is that to ease the load on the computer?

Perhaps it is a feature of you futuristic transport? One side real other side a modifier, not real but there by some future magic science.

1 Like

yes I try low poly, because later, I need a lot of bevels
And now I’m starting export to different .blend files. And link them in the final scene.

2 Likes

Still working on composition and model details.
trying to find spots to add details and spots to leave blank.
The texture will be difficult and is a lot of time. Didn’t do anything on UV mapping yet.

Showing my progress. Adding a bit of blur and focal length to add some depth. Soften the shadows a bit. All lighting comes from the world, nog lamp involved.
I split the project into several files, it’s cumbersome but still has reasonable editing speeds.

4 Likes

I’m trying to fill up some screen space. Adding a planet to give it a more futuristic feel.
It’s casting a shadow. But I will render this in a different screen. And using Blender compositor.

3 Likes

More planet like

2 Likes

Combination test.
But the blend type (because of planet ring transparency) is wrong.
But I think there is to much going on.

4 Likes

Just make the planet smaller so it takes less attention?
Add a human interest character/robot servicing the fuel line area?

1 Like

Looking really cool :sunglasses:
Maybe just desaturating the planet, or adding a fog layer to give that feeling of super far away?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Some sort of robot arm, or two, an ‘eye’ and it will have a good place. That size and proportion perhaps two or three working together? Easy duplication.

1 Like

Every item added, is like a project on its own.
Personally, I think the bot is getting too much ‘funny’ look and feel. Looking Cute, because of those curves.
Not a functional machine or apparatus. flat surfaced, pointy … boxy.

1 Like

More this style?

origin

(RyanKing YouTube) but nothing special to make. I upgraded it a bit, rivets, etc.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms