Winterfell Great Hall

I added textures to the walls and trim to the window openings and doors. I also made the rafters with an array modifier to make it easier. It’s fairly dark in the room. Most of the light only coming from the candles. Each one has an area light attached to it to give off a weak orange light. I’ll be adding more candles and lighting the brazier and fireplace. Will probably have to raise the brightness on them a little.

Took the roof off to show more details. The trim and rafters aren’t textured yet, it will be the next step. I started texturing the fireplace too but not really sure that’s the texture I want so its not finished.
First%20TextureNoRoof

Overhead
First%20TextureNoRoofOverhead

For fun I textured the little person to look like Sansa Stark. It’s a very basic model just to show size of the room.

Now she stands around creeping me out everytime I render the scene.
First%20TextureSansa2

3 Likes

An overdue update. It has been hard to do much with the kids always around but I tried learning a few new techniques on my own. I have also updated to 2.8, which threw me for a few days before I could function somewhat with the mammoth changes. I was really excited to try Eevee and now I need whole new lessons to figure out how to make it look good, lol.

So I tried the same scenes with both Eevee and Cycles at 1000 samples. Without changing anything on Eevee, it looks really flat. I need to learn how to change it to make it more realistic.

Eevee
Eevee2ndCam
Cycles

This is the real scene I’m using for reference
left%20wall

Eevee

Cycles

Still a lot to learn, but I’m slowly getting better, I think. For some reason the tables look like they’re floating slightly above the ground, when they’re not. And the textures need some more attention. Also I want to liven up the place with banners and maybe make a less creepy mannequin. I stopped using her, she makes me think of early horror survival games.

1 Like

If you’ve got the Blender Environments course, I would recommend doing it to help learn the differences between 2.7x and 2.80 as it was made completely in 2.80. Otherwise, have a look at 19_ba_cbc, Video 58 in Section 3 of the Complete Blender Creator remaster, where Michael talks about Eevee’s Render Settings.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I watches a few of the new ones on the Complete Blender Creator. The one you pointed out and the one before it helped a lot! It’s still not as gloomy as I’d like it, but I will hopefully get it there with more work, practice and learning.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms