Win sound plays fine in the editor player but not the build player

When I test the game in the editor’s player, all the sound effects go and cut off as planned, but when making a build, the only sound not to go off is the winning sound. The particles go off for the associated sequence, but I’m not sure why the sound doesn’t go off. Any help as to getting my bearings would be appreciated!

Hi,

Which version of Unity do you use?

Please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread. Maybe there is a helpful error message in your browser console.

2020.3.7F1 is the Unity version I am using, and I went through the instructions on the thread. All I found was a message saying:
“The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page.”
This only happens before I touch anything on the game though, even clicking on the game with the mouse stops the message stacks and that has no associated action in the game.

The issue I’m running into got a little more complicated as well, as the win and crash sounds are only playing if the rockets thruster sound is playing at the moment I hit the obstacle/landing pad.

Have you already compared your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture? If so, could you please share your relevant code as formatted text?

Unity 2020.3.7f1 is an outdated version. Maybe you could update to a newer one? You can see the release dates in the official Unity download archive.

I updated my Unity, which I thought would have been more complicated… I also checked the code and moved where I triggered the transition boolean and the movement disabler down to the start of the transitions, and that seemed to have fixed the issue.

Thank you for the direction; it was super helpful! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you managed to solve the problem. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms