Win Condition: Part 2?

Hi all,

This sort of follows on from my previous post about this topic concerning 2 enemy characters. I thought this particular issue was solved but subsequent playthrough allowed me to determine what is actually occurring.

Now, if I am to fire (hit the mouse button) immediately on load (ie playing) the game then the 2nd character who has no “Line of Sight” win come a-running to come an kill me, whilst I am shooting at the character who has direct “Line of Sight” on load. Please note, this 2nd “enemy character” does NOT have line of sight. Now if I wait a little bit before shooting the 1st character with (LOS), the 2nd character will be waiting in his little spot until I make an appearance.

Can anyone deduce from that what the error is and what the remedy might be?

As always any help is greatly appreciated!

Nothing jumps out as to why that might be but adding logs may help?

My brother suggested adding a 3rd character to the game (1 with LOS - 2 without) to see what would happen, and not shoot at all, and sure enough all three character converged on the hero character and the hero was shot. With subsequent restarts, not all three converged, but, always the first two. So, do you think there would there be a problem with the LOS code, or, problem with the behaviour tree?

You mentioned that you might needs the “logs” - which logs would you need?

Regards.

Could you show a screenshot of your AI & player pawn setup?

Anywhere relevant e.g. in the line of sight code log the pawn that saw the player.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms