Will music be needed later in the course?

I have a music pack on the Unreal and (soon) the Unity marketplace, called Minimal RPG Music, which I feel might be aptly suited to the content of this course.

Check out the preview here:

@ben @Rick_Davidson I’m not sure if you guys already have a music deal set up, but I’d be happy to provide a few tracks from the pack for free to include in the course! Let me know if this interests you.

My email is ryangpalmer@hotmail.com

Hi Ryan, thanks for offering some tracks, that is most excellent of you. Would you be happy for us to be offering those couple of tracks to students to use on either a commercial (can use in their game commercially) or non-commercial (they can use it for making their game but just not publish it commercially) licence?

It would be under non-commercial licensing, but students are free to post and share (just not sell) projects created with it. It will cost just $5 for the full pack once it is available on the Unity store, which will hopefully be an agreeable price for anyone who would like to continue using it for a commercial project. :grinning:

If you would rather, I may also be interested in creating some proprietary music for the course which could be free for commercial use to anyone who has purchased the course. I’m happy to contribute however I can.

1 Like

Hey Ryan, sorry for the delay in reply and thanks for the details. I’d love it if you could create a piece of music that was just for students of the course and available for them to use in their project - either in a commercial or non commercial sense. Some sort of light, medieval type music to match where we are heading with our game would be awesome. And we will absolutely give you full credit and tell people about the pack you have for sale.

Fantastic, I will get to work on that shortly! I will make a “theme” track and also a long looping background track to use as ambience. They will be free for students to use commercially.

2 Likes

@Rick_Davidson Here is about 2 minutes of non-looping medieval theme music for Project Dragon. I am happy to make changes at your discretion. Next I will work on some extended looping ambience for gameplay.

2 Likes

Hey Ryan, this is really great, thanks! I’ll fire you an email so that the whole world is spared our back and forth chit chat. :slight_smile:

Hey @Rick_Davidson, I responded to your email a couple weeks ago, did it go to your spam folder?

Privacy & Terms