Wierd Light Patttern Using Simple Sphere Emmision. Anyone knows how to fix that?

As if … something was blocking the bulb.

1 Like

I’m not sure. Can you upload the blend file somehow, through google drive or something, and can take a look. I like solving problems :grinning:

3 Likes

Does only the light bulb give light?
Or do you have an additional light source insight the light bulp?

Are the face normals inside out?

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.

2 Likes

LOL. Blender is like a never ending investigation for me hah.

Here is the file - thank you !

1 Like

No, but the other light sources were render disabled. There are no other light sources inside the bulb. Here is something weird I observed when moving around the light bulb towad the 3d cursor ( center of the scene)

2 Likes

There is something very weird possibly corrupted about your file.

It renders as it does for you.
However! If I add a plane for it to sit on, AND ensure it is just above the floor Z zero, it renders perfectly as expected.

Now, when I copy all the objects to a new file and render with or without a ground plane it renders as expected.

1 Like

This is your “Principled BSDF” shader working your you!

You’ve given Anisotropic to value of 1.
This is for scattering the light in different directions, which is mostly used on metals.
Nothing wrong with your model. It’s a problem with your shader or not, if you like the effect.

Lower the value of Anisotropic

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for trying but per photo provided the value on Anisotropic was always at zero. Deleting the pricipled BSDF hasnt changed a thing. Also the BSDF shade was never applied to the bulb itself but to the lamp shader.

1 Like

You were right. I went to the material section of the backdrop ( plane) and you were 100% right.

1 Like

As FedPete mentioned. The material for the backdrop had a Anisotropic value of 1. Once I changed that value everything went back to normal. I deleted my previous comments where I stated that creating a new file helped. It helped in a sense that I created a new material for my backdrop ( plane) , when I used the same material form the previous file the same issue occured. Thank you so much tho !

3 Likes

Weird, in the file I had there was no ground plane, I had to add one. Or at least I could not find one! I still can’t. But that light ‘ring’ was hitting something, just not there to select or find for me.

AH! I found it hiding under a Base lamp curve LOL.

Naming and organisation is important!

2 Likes

I feel like you walked into my house and discovered all the mess. Strange feeling LOL. Blender feels like matrix I swear.

3 Likes

The plane was hidden!
I did not saw it at first also.

1 Like

The only thing what helps is to practice a lot.
Do many small projects.
Each time try to do something new (a small thingy).
Work from previous knowledge.
The weekly collab is a good starting point

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms