Why not use the controls?

I realize there is always more than one way of doing things, so I wonder if there is a reason that we are doing Input.mousePosition rather than adding something like “Aim” to the PlayerControls input actions? It seems to me that hard coding directly to the Input system rather than using the PlayerControls defeats the purpose of having mappable controls.

1 Like

I really don’t like this version of the flipping of the player either. I assume we will eventually modify the AdustPlayerFacingDirection function that looks at our moveX vector and flips the player accordingly.

1 Like

OK, I just went back and looked at sample play. I suspect we will be using mouse and keyboard together to control the play and fighting mechanics. By having the player facing the mouse we can retreat from something chasing us and still have our weapon pointing in that direction to hack and slash. I was previously thinking of pokemon style player animation where there is no need to face what we are running from.

2 Likes

Just to build on what you have said here as i havent got to the later content yet but we can assume that some students if not put into the course might want to add to the enemy AI so that it does not just “roam” and actually give chase to the player.
This would mean if we didnt flip the character and the attacking then running away would mean you couldnt attack an enemy without running towards it again and expose the player to damage.

I think this is why it is set up this way and clarifying for other students that didnt play pokemon :wink:
(Like me!)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms