Why is player walking faster than grabbed Object?

I am wonder about why if TickComponent is called every frame, when the player walks players goes faster than the grabbed object. The result it’s weird because sometimes the grabbed object gets behind the player till he stops moving, then return to the good hold distance.

How can I fix that to make the hold object keep at same regular distance?

Thanks in advance.

The function is SetTargetLocationAndRotation, it will interpolate between where it was an where the target is each frame.
You can increase the speed of that by modifying InterpolationSpeed on the physics handle component.

Hi DanM,

Thanks for your answer.

Nice try, but not… no matter if I setup the interpolationSpeed of the physics handle component to 10 or to 10000 (default is 50)… the result is the same… when the player walks forward goes faster than grabbed object.

However if I walk backward (pressing S) the grabbed object keeps the same distance always. So weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I swear this worked in the old course in UE4, I’ll look into it.

I think if you will set the grabbed object responses to overlap grabbed object will not go behind the pawn.

Oh I see, play with these settings

50 for linear damping gives alright results.

Thanks for your reply, but this is my actual setup :wink:

Thanks DanM, that’s trick… now works fine :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms