Why is my GetAxis("Horizontal") method taking input from my mouse

I’ve just started the delivery driver and Unity seems to be taking input from my mouse for some reason. Even with every rotational variable set to 0 the capsule drives in circles until I move my mouse in the opposite direction. How do I stop this.
I’ve already looked in input manager and GetAxis(“Horizontal”) should only be taking input from keys and mouse buttons.
I’ve also been into device manager and disabled every input device I can find except my mouse and keyboard

It sounds like the Horizontal axis you’re using is taking mouse movement instead of (or as well as) key inputs. Under Project Settings → Input Manager there are actually two default axis for “Horizontal”, GetAxis("Horizontal") will get both of them at the same time, so check that neither one is set to ‘MouseMovement’ under the Type drop down.

1 Like

Fixed it. The mouse I was using is a rather unusual one which I got as a result of a kickstarter campaign. It includes a little thumbstick as well as buttons on the side. Unity was detecting it as a joystick and taking a continuous input from it.
I swapped to a different mouse and the problem cleared right up.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms