Why is glass and water so difficult?

Well I thought today, I had mastered the glass / water jar cycles render thingy.
And finally go further on eyeball jar quest. Which I have set as a goal for myself.
But I’m flabbergasted again.

I put this stack of eyeballs in the jar. There are eight of them.

Add they are disappearing when I activate the glass jar mesh material.

In the water you see some reflection. But they are gone … Looks like a StarTrek cloaking device.
Like the texture behind the jar is bending around the balls, only showing a reflection on the flat top and bottom surfaces.

?

A glimp of the problem and maybe a solution. I moved one eye ball outside the glass. It’s visible.
Added two cubes in the jar with basic glossy material. They are visible.

The strange thing is, that the eyebal doesn’t show shadow !!!
And somewhere in the eyeball material I switched off some render settings, to show the iris better.
I think the problem lies there … CU next week, time is up.

1 Like

Last try, 5 min … it’s getting late …

6 Likes

That ´s a real problem. My computer behaves in the exact same way.

That looks great! Especially the eye balls!!

1 Like

To be honest, it’s not my idea. The animation movie Shrek has a scene like this. But I like the subject (its unnatural, strange) and difficulty.

1 Like

What’s wrong now?
I Fail to see the problem with the last image.

If none, what was the issue in the end? LightPath or Cycles Settings of the object?

I used the eye from the internet project Eye ball. Here where Transmission, VolumeScatter, and Shadow switched off, to block light coming from the back. Visible round the iris mask.

But somehow, it allows lightrays passing through the eye, when inside glass mesh. Rendering them invisible. So I used a last 5 min, to prove my solution. :tada: eyeballs in jar.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms