Why does my mesh get messed up when I switch to Object Mode?

So I have this mesh, but when I switch to Object mode it just gets completely messed up. (I’m guessing it’s related to the Multiresolution modifier but I honestly don’t know)
Can you help please?

post Scriptum. And yes, both the Sculpt mode and the Level viewport on the same resolution.

1 Like

Zoom in and check the mesh.

Also, in Object mode select the object, and switch smooth off and on.
Sometimes newly added faces are not in smooth mode.

1 Like

na, it’s not working, anything else?

1 Like

show mesh, and maybe check normal.

Screen shots can also be done in Blender, via the 'Window’ menu bar top left-hand side. Select ‘Save screenshot’.

what you mean when you say "“check mesh” - in edit mode?

1 Like

If you open your object in edit mode (tab key).
Then you’ll see a mesh based on vertices (point), edges (lines) and faces bounded by edges.

Strange locations of some vertices can lead of none smooth surfaces.
Then you need to fix this manually.

Does this help?

1 Like

This is exactly the problem, but it creates or moves these vertices every time I switch to Object mode, so it seems to me that there is a non-manual solution because there is no way that it needs to be done each time a mode is switched.

1 Like

We need more info on this, add always screen shots(s).
Because so many things can go wrong.
I even don’t know how you have modelled this object.
I didn’t do this course part, just using my general knowledge of Blender.

Sometimes it helps, to stop Blender. And start Blender with a new blank file.
Then from the file menu, use ‘Append’ to select your old file. Then select a collection or object, to import the model and see if it is a Blender hick-up. Most Blender starters, will activate (hidden) options, due to wrong hot-keys (you want to press ‘g’ but unknowingly you press ‘f’, for example.

1 Like

Ok, I created it with a completely simple sculpting technique without any textures or alpha brushes, but with Multiresolution modifier, that’s it. I put here some images that shows exactly what happens (please tell me if you need some more information) :

Thank you very much for helping me

1 Like

You need to go to wire frame mode and select the vert of the place where it is poking and you will have to adjust that manually.

In this case I think you need to move that vert a little back.

This is happening because the multires in not sure where to project it due to proximity of vertices.

The idea is that the mesh should be closer to the sculpt.

2 Likes

You should be able to fix it in edit mode as Umishrak suggests.

Blender just gets confused sometimes, a bit of hand correction is needed.

You might try lowering the multires and then looking at it. Back to the base mesh. You may find that vert has got into some very odd situation, that then gets magnified by each subdiv.

1 Like

But I can’t fix it in edit mode because when I go through it it just changes the mesh to the original mesh.

1 Like

Ok, I found the problem - it’s because the Normals are reversed, but how can I fix it? Because it doesn’t work in Edit mode because of the Multires

1 Like

Disable multires, go into edit mode, select all a, then shift n normals are out side.

2 Likes

thank you! i finally sovled it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms