Why do I have two guns and why does one have to be rotated in a weird way

In the Unreal Engine 5 Blueprints - First Person Shooter (FPS) course, I have two weird bugs with lecture 22.

The first is that when I open the Mesh_Arms I already had a gun that wouldn’t update in the Arms_Idle or anywhere else, but I just ignored the gun and created a new one that worked and updated but there is still this random gun that I don’t know how to get rid of. The weird gun is also visible on the Arms_Idle but I can’t make any changes to it.

The second bug I have is in the lecture all he has to do to make his gun look nice on the Arms_Idle is turn the gun sideways but when I do that it makes the gun look all wrong. I had to spend thirty minutes making all sorts of weird changes that I shouldn’t have had to make.

The first image will be of the weird changes I had to make to my gun and the weird second gun, the second image will be my Arms_Idle. The third image will be what the instructor had to do to his gun to make it look nice.

While I dont have a solution for the “ghost gun” at the moment, it looks like the socket you added is not attached to the “hand_r” bone like in the one in the third image. Which would explain why your preview, which is also using that added socket, would not have the same orientation.

Oh I see. Well thanks for letting me know! Now I don’t have to wonder about this anymore!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms