Why can't I change Reference Resolution by hand like you did in the video?

See the video above for a much easier to understand video of the problem. Basically, when I click on Canvas and then Canvas Scaler, it does not allow me to change the X and Y values of the Reference Resolution like you did in the video. While I found a work-around, I’m curious if there is more info on this?

I found the solution to my problem and to another (seemingly unrelated but turns out it was the same issue) problem where, when I tried to add WebGL Build support from the Hub, that did not show up as an option for me.

Long story short, I installed Unity from the Download (not from the hub) before getting this course. That installed Unity 2018.2.12f1. After doing some research, it appears that the Hub doesn’t like installs that it didn’t manage, and also gives different version options. So I used the Hub to install another, newer (but available for direct download as I speak, don’t ask me why, I don’t know) which was version 2018.2.13f1. This version, for whatever reason, works perfectly.

TL/DR; It was a version thing and a Hub thing.

Privacy & Terms