Why are YOU excited about version control?

No bother at all! :smiley: Feel free to ask questions any time! We all learn together.

This kind of data loss can not only be a real headache, but sometimes it makes us just want to quit entirely. I mean, it’s a BIG punch in the gut, so to speak…really de-motivational.

I used to think that version control and back-ups were pretty much the same, but I’m really starting to see how version control is its own thing and very different…as in, we could have a version of Argon Assault that shoots lasers, and another version that shoots hod-dogs, or something different…etc…

~Jago

1 Like

Hi Ben! I’m based in Germany and worked many years as a civil engineering. I just started learning game development this year in an attempt to steer my career in a new, more exciting direction and it seems like Git workflow is a must to work on an game development team and that is why I’m taking this course. Also to have an easy way to back up everything I do, like Paule before, my computer is not the newest and thinking it could fail at any moment and loose everything is not a situation I fondly look forward to.

I hope this course teaches me lots of exciting concepts!

Hello Ben, I am Sherry Lynn from Alberta, Canada and I can’t quite say I’m excited. I’m more intrigued than anything else. However, after hearing the details of what can be done, I am piqued and curious to know more. The concept of being able to change something done earlier in the lifetime of a project than 5 steps back does give a huge win on the pleased department. This particular course came along with the Unity classes and to be honest, I had no idea what this would be. I’m happy with the start of the program. Now I shall see how exciting this course can be in further chapters. :smiley_cat:

Sherry Lynn
Cougar Madcat
Sherry Lynn Madcat

Privacy & Terms