Why apply Location?

I don’t know why I should apply the location of your model, so the origin point sets itself back to 0,0,0. Whats the point of that?

1 Like

I thought I might try and help, anyone please correct me if I’m wrong
I’m not the best my self
Ok when you finish a part of a large project, lets say building in a city and city sprawls your canvas. You finish a intense building and move it to its location you can set its origin as 0 as well as scale rotation. So now your putting a street in and have to move the building, rotate & scale you just type in 0 location 0 roatation and 1 for scale. You create absoulute 0 for each project. And X marks the spot, your building goes back to where you want it.
What I found is you change it in edit mode it will not reflect it in object mode, so you have to be careful jumping between the two putting the streets in.
He also went into physics wich is cool, I’ve tried it a can never get it to work, so looking forward to see how it intergrates. with the lesson

1 Like

You will also have problem with rigging and exporting to game engine

1 Like

Ok wait, what I understood is that it’s good to apply transform so that once you know exactly where you want a particular model to be, it’s easy to set it back to its original place in case you need to make changes while completing the entire picture?? is that what you meant with that city explanation?

Privacy & Terms