Who I Am "How to Get a Job in the Video Game Industry" Introduction

My name is Cameron, I am currently 26 and I am in the USA, I have always had an interest and a love for video games. I enjoy playing different genres, especially RPGs with good plots and lore and words to explore and characters to learn about.

It is from that joy and excitement in games that I have been wanting to learn how to make video games myself. My dream job would be for me to become a Video Game Dev, either with a company as part of a team with helping to code, or test development. Or as an indie developer to make my own games solo.
(Once I can learn enough and gain the needed skills and experience for either case)

I went to school and graduates with a Bachelor of Science Major in Computer Science.
I want to use my major and interest in video games to find a job in the industry.

I hope to complete this course with the added information on how to expand my current skill set and knowledge to help find a job in this field.

I am focusing on the job of a gameplay programmer, it feels like a very good fit and I hope to continue the course to learn and work to have the skills and knowledge to apply for the job.

Your journey from being a gaming enthusiast to wanting to create your own games is inspiring. A dream job in the video game industry, whether with a big company or as an indie developer, is a fantastic aspiration. It’s clear that you’re putting in the effort to gain the skills and experience you need to make that dream a reality.

With your Computer Science degree and the determination you’ve shown, you’re on the right track. To help you along the way, you might want to explore https://huntly.ai/ for valuable resources and job opportunities in the gaming industry. It’s a great place to find the information and connections you need to succeed in your quest.

Privacy & Terms