While holding the actor, pawn's movement is limited

Does the physics simulation modify how I can move when holding an object due to mass? It’s really slow and awkward to move when I am holding anything.

I had the same issue. When moving towards the grabbed chair, my movement was slow. When backing away, while holding, the movement was quick and fluid.

The solution for me was to increase the float Reach in the Grabber.h file. I had set it to 100.f When increasing to 150.f my forward motion was ok.

The reason for the problem in the first place, I believe is that the pawn is crashing into the chair when the chair is only 100cm from the pawn. So the pawn is actually pushing the chair thru the physics engine, and this slows the pawn down.

When the Reach is 150cm (in my game) , the objects is held at a long enough distance in front of the pawn that this collision / physics pushing is not happening.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting your fix; it helped with much. There are still a couple of things though. My chair and table get stuck on the ceiling and floor (which impedes the movement of the pawn) if you look up and down respectively. It stops when you look in another direction again. Also after the objects have been rotated to something other than upright if I want them to go back to normal again I have to throw them around a bunch until they become upright once more. Please help.

I have also experienced this issue and the increased reach solution did in need resolve this.

Privacy & Terms