Which graphics tablet is good for sculpting?

I decided to buy a graphics tablet for sculpting as it is getting really hard on my wrist with a mouse.
Which graphics tablet is good for sculpting? Preferably something that shouldn’t break my bank please. And I am using windows 10.

1 Like

Don’t know much about them. Only that Wacom are overpriced or used to be. Several others now make them. I have one but never use it. Mouse is better for me. I suspect there will be as many suggestions as people making them! I do not get the impression there is much difference. Just a matter of sizes and how many buttons you want.

2 Likes

If you are new to graphics tablets, look at the entry level Wacoms. I use an intuous S and would say it is great for beginners. Mouse is severely infeirior (I don’t think I spelled that right) to a graphics tablet. Though this is just my experience, and I’ve heard from most 3D sculpters/texture painters it makes a huge difference.

Just be ready to have a nice stiff learning curve for using it. (If you can swing a display tablet like the Wacom One it might be a little more natural to use since you look at the screen you are drawing on instead of drawing on the graphics tablet and looking away from your hand.)

I can also recommend XP Pen tablets, I have seen them used (never personally used one myself, I am also new to using one hence the intuous S) but they seem to do great work. Only thing I’ve heard about non-wacom tablets are there can be some rough issues with drivers.

Also NP5 is right, size can make a difference, and having buttons is great since you can program hotkeys to said buttons.

Hope this helps you Chris!

2 Likes

@ChrisSGCP

A few of us were talking about different models in this thread the other day:

I use a $60 Wacom that I got in 2016. I like it. Even though it doesn’t have a screen on it, the cursor tracks nicely when I hover the pen over the pad (not touching, not drawing, just hovering) so I don’t have to look down very often when I use it.

A couple of other people posted their preferences as well.

Details and links are in the thread.

3 Likes

Huion H950P is great and is not over priced

2 Likes

I have the Huion Kamvas 16 2021 Pen Display tablet and am very pleased with it. It’s my recommendation. Perfect size and comfort and seems to operate very well.

2 Likes

All tablets are good that have been mentioned here. If you want your tablet to have a screen then it will cost you more. I guess you have the advantage of portablility. Great for going out and sketching.

Using tablet without a screen using a monitor is good for hand and eye coordination.

2 Likes

@ChrisSGCP

The real question is:
:thinking:
How are you going to mark this one as ‘Solved’? :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you. I don’t know much about them either. So i decided to check. And you are right, Wacom tablets are more expensive than others. I will brainstorm a little and decide the size and number of buttons i want and decide on my pick.Anyway, thank you so much for trying and the reply.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying. I checked out your suggestion.
(Wacom Intuos CTL-4100/K0-CX Digital Graphics Pen Tablet for Drawing (Black) Small (7.8-inch x 6.3-inch) | Battery Free Pen with 4096 Pressure | Compatible with Windows, Mac & Android)
This one seems to be in my price range. Is this a good pick for optimization between size, quality and price?
Although, display tablets are highly expensive here, and I can’t afford them right now.
Anyway, Thank you so much for the reply.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply.
I checked out your suggestion. It is not as expensive as the Wacom ones and great quality too.
( HUION Inspiroy H950P Drawing Tablets Digital Drawing Pad Computer Graphic Tablet, Tilt Feature Battery-Free Pen 8192 Pressure Sensitivity and 8 User-Defined Shortcuts Suit for Windows,Mac OS,Android OS,Linux )
Is this the exact one you recommended? If so I can seriously afford it. And I like the quality too.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply.
I checked out your suggestion. It has nice quality and size like you said. I like it. Although it is a tiny expensive here. Anyway thank you so much for taking your time and replying. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply.
I checked out the discussion. Got a lot of info. Thank you. I checked out the Wacom tablets you recommended in the discussion. They are of great quality and are affordable for me right now. Although, the display tablets mentioned there are a little expensive here. But I suppose having a screen will increase the price anyway. And thank you so much for taking your time and reply. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you. And you are right. Display tablets are more expensive than normal ones. But I guess having a screen will increase the work quality and will take less time. And I guess ones without the screens will take a little time getting used to. But nothing is impossible right? Anyway thank you so much.

2 Likes

:rofl:
You are right about that. Guess I will have to throw a dice and hope for the best.

1 Like

:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:
Thank you everyone for you replies. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Huion H950P is all you will need I love mine. I wouldn’t say having a screen on your Tablet will improve the quality of your work. It’s more a matter of practise and learning new teqniques. My mum has a large I pad for her digital art but doesn’t work with a desk top. If you wish to work independently from your computer then a screen would be useful. Otherwise i dont personally think you need one. I can work with my Huion H950P easier now than drawing on a piece of paper.

If you are doing pixel art you dont need a tablet at all i just use a mouse.

2 Likes

Whichever you choose, I also HIGHLY recommend a good carry case like this one:

The few extra dollars spent is well worth it!

1 Like

Thank you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you :heart_eyes:

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms