Which course should I take next?

Ok so I took this course:

Unreal Engine 5 C++ Developer: Learn C++ & Make Video Games

Now I wanna get another one so I contemplating between these courses.

Unreal Engine 5 C++: Make Your Own Action Combat Game

Unreal Engine Cinematic Creator for Video Game Design

I really wanna take the action combat but it’s for intermediate and I am worried I might not understand it. My parents allow me get one course at a time.
So do you guys have any recommendations aside from these? And like which one should I go for?
Thank you!

If you felt comfortable with the C++ Developer course and want to continue building upon the knowledge gained through that course, then I’d say take the Action Combat course.

If you want to spend some time practising C++ on your own but explore other aspects of Unreal Engine, then go with Cinematic Creator. I will point out that the Unreal Cinematic course is older and uses UE 4.22 instead of UE 5, it’s possible to still follow the course using UE 5 but may run into issues with differences in the editor UI. Though this could also help you get more familiar with UE 5’s UI.

Action Combat, on the other hand, uses UE 5.3 which would make the editor more familiar to you and lessen the friction from working through UI changes.

1 Like

What @Tuomo_T said, mostly. There’s a few changes in the Sequencer that causes issues with cinematics and by issues, I mean you have to find the new button but that applies to 4.26 or later anyway.

So, either works. I TA the cinematics course and I get hardly any questions because Rick does a great job. it’s also not huge and knowing your way around the sequencer is handy. It’s not just for cinematics.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms