Where to go in the RPG course

I’m planning to watch this course through one time first, all four modules from beginning to end. My dream has always been to make RPGs, so I’ve started on a few. I don’t want to make a point-and-click, so I just want to look through and see what material I need to adapt to my own needs and go from there.

Good luck with your game.

1 Like

Even though our game is point and click, I strongly recommend working through all of the lessons and building the game out just like we are the first time. It’s easy to say “I won’t be doing [feature x]” and skip a lesson or two, but sometimes we lay the groundwork for [feature y] in one of those lessons.

After that, it’s fairly easy to go again and find the things you need for your own game, and you’ll have things in your toolbox that you might not need now, but you may find yourself needing later.

2 Likes

Definitely, I get that, and I appreciate it. That’s why I’m going to watch through every lesson first. I’ll be taking notes all through the first watch through, that way I can grasp how everything is fit together.

Privacy & Terms