Where to find the textures?

This whole section is about textures, and the example textures are all being sourced from textures.com, which looks like it used to be free but must have stopped being so. Are there free equivalent alternatives somewhere?

1 Like

Your message will be marked as spam. Can you specify which textures are missing?

Sure. In the lecture ( https://www.udemy.com/course/blendertutorial/learn/lecture/33426620#overview ), around 6:21, the lecturer instructs us to visit the website textures.com, browse to old buildings or search for specifically BUILDINGSHOUSEOLD0338, and then click on one of the download links.

I dutifully followed the instructions, created an account on textures.com, found the image, etc, but that site does not appear to offer any free downloads anymore. The screenshot shows some sort of ā€œFreeā€ credit counter, so maybe there used to be such a thing?

1 Like

If I recall correctly the free is from daily free credits. So you can have a few a day free but if you wanted a lot, or bigger versions it pushes you to pay them.

I just searched for that file and went to it. 2 credits version, ā€˜freeā€™ marked beside it. Clicked on it and it just downloaded. I do not see any problem.

1 Like

Weird. I get a page with no mention of ā€œFreeā€ anything. Perhaps Iā€™ve set up my account wrong and I need to do something to get free credits?

2 Likes

Looks like you are not logged in to an account.
So create one, left hand side button.

When you are, that top right blue bit has a few basic credits that are used for downloading the free stuff.

1 Like

Hrm, nope, Iā€™m definitely logged in. I just donā€™t have a ā€œfree creditsā€ thing. I can

And I can visit my account page, so Iā€™m definitely logged into something.

Anyway, I know yā€™all arenā€™t the support team for a totally different website, and I appreciate you trying to help. Iā€™m thinking that that site must be rolling out some sort of new account type or Iā€™m in a weird A/B test or something. I see their Terms of Use changed recently to say ā€œSOME accounts may get Free Credits.ā€ Iā€™ll contact their support and see if Iā€™m doing something wrong or if the siteā€™s just eliminating the free tier.

2 Likes

ive just created an account and to begin with i got 0 credits.
looked at the about page and it does say that the free credits will be reset back to 15 each day at midnight local timezone. (timezone is set in my account)
not really sure whats happening, for the temp account i made today, ill wait until tomorrow to see if the credits reset after midnight tonight

1 Like

You know you could just always right click and save image asā€¦

Image 1
Image 2

7 Likes

FYI, I sent a support text to their admins, and earlier today ā€œFreeā€ credits started showing up for me. I donā€™t know if it just takes a few days or if there was a bug or something. Thanks, folks!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms