Where to download the MagicaVoxel content from the free course?

I didn’t know where to ask this since there doesn’t seem to be a link on Vimeo from the MagicaVoxel course to a discussion on these forums. About 8:30 into the 3rd video Rick mentions that all of these voxel assets being shown in THAT course (not the Unity 3D course) are available for download and that he would put a link in the description. I have not been able to find the link on Vimeo. Is there a place to get the assets created in the MagicaVoxel course so we can tweak them instead of creating from scratch? Ideally I’d really like to get access to the assets shown in the Game Design video that Rick had early on in the course as those are much cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing to me. I’m finding working with the “default” assets in the course very distracting.

Hi Paul,

The link to Rick’s free MagicaVoxel course is here. Unfortunately, I don’t know if Rick provided the downloads there.

Yes, I did that already and it just ends up leading back to Vimeo. I contacted Rick directly. In the meantime I’m just using some other assets I found on the Asset Store.

Hi again Paul,

In case you are still interested in Rick’s Magica Voxel course, Rick recently published it on Teachable. See here:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms