Where is the compile button on Unreal 5

I downloaded U5 and VS code, but can not find compile button

How I got here:

I had issues opening the BullCow game after extracting, so I researched on youtube how to fix this issue. I made a new project in U5 and transferred the content file into my new project and I was able to open it in U5, but without the Text board that should be appearing between the two cows.

I clicked on build and had no issues

Do you not have a Source folder in your project folder?

I added the source folder but still same issue. Here is the error I get when trying to open the course file in U5.1.
Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat -projectfiles -project=“C:/Users/cleit/OneDrive/Documents/BullCowGame-starter-kit/BullCowGame.uproject” -game -rocket -progress -log=“C:\Users\cleit\OneDrive\Documents\BullCowGame-starter-kit/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2023.01.02-20.09.39.log”
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” -projectfiles -project=“C:/Users/cleit/OneDrive/Documents/BullCowGame-starter-kit/BullCowGame.uproject” -game -rocket -progress -log=“C:\Users\cleit\OneDrive\Documents\BullCowGame-starter-kit/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2023.01.02-20.09.39.log”
‘dotnet’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

You need to install .net 6.0 for Unreal Engine 5.1

That solved the issue, Thx.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms