Where is BlueprintReadWrite option for UPROPERTY() macro?

Where is BlueprintReadWrite option for UPROPERTY() macro? When I type in the parenthesis I do not get the option of BlueprintReadWrite listed, and after I build my code I get 1 error and then after I open the blueprint screen in the Unreal Editor and right click and search for get and set, I do not see get and set options either.

I use the latest version of Unreal currently. Did they remove BlueprintWriteRead ? If so What should I use instead?

My code header file code:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#pragma once

#include "CoreMinimal.h"
#include "UObject/NoExportTypes.h"
#include "MyObject.generated.h"

/**
 */
UCLASS(Blueprintable)
class FIRSTPROJECT_API UMyObject : public UObject
{
	GENERATED_BODY()
public:

UMyObject();

UPROPERTY(BlueprintReadWrite)
	float MyFloat;

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable)
	void MyFunction();

};

My .cpp code:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#include "MyObject.h"
UMyObject::UMyObject()
{
	MyFloat = 0;
}

The error I receive:

1>------ Build started: Project: FirstProject, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1>Parsing headers for FirstProjectEditor
1>  Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\FirstProject.uproject" "C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\FirstProjectEditor\Development\FirstProjectEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog="C:\Users\cemph\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log_UHT.txt" -installed
1>Reflection code generated for FirstProjectEditor in 4.8947472 seconds
1>Building FirstProjectEditor...
1>Using Visual Studio 2019 14.27.29112 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.27.29110) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
1>Building 6 actions with 12 processes...
1>  [1/6] FirstProject.init.gen.cpp
1>  [2/6] MyObject.cpp
1>  [3/6] MyObject.gen.cpp
1>  [4/6] UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.lib
1>     Creating library C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FirstProject\UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.lib and object C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FirstProject\UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.exp
1>  [5/6] UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.dll
1>     Creating library C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FirstProject\UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.suppressed.lib and object C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FirstProject\UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.suppressed.exp
1>MyObject.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl UMyObject::MyFunction(void)" (?MyFunction@UMyObject@@QEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl UMyObject::execMyFunction(class UObject *,struct FFrame &,void * const)" (?execMyFunction@UMyObject@@SAXPEAVUObject@@AEAUFFrame@@QEAX@Z)
1>C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-FirstProject-0004.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(46,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcp.com 65001 >NUL 
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(46,5): error MSB3073:  "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" FirstProjectEditor Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\cemph\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\FirstProject.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.
1>Done building project "FirstProject.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Help please.

m8 It has nothing to do with the BlueprintReadWrite. It’s complaining that you haven’t implemented your function MyFunction in the cpp file. public: void __cdecl UMyObject::MyFunction(void) means it can’t find a definition for MyFunction. Define it and you’ll be ok

1 Like

Yes, my bad silly mistake sorry.

No need to be sorry. We all make silly mistakes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms