When will we see Unity DOTS course?

Hi!

Now that ECS and the Jobs system (and all of DOTS, really) is closing in on being more or less complete, I think it would be very cool to see a course about using it! Unity said that DOTS would be production ready in Unity 2020.1 which is set to launch in Spring of 2020. I see a lot of talk about it being more for performance and only use it for tech-demos and what-not, but I disagree! For what I have seen it seems to be a very nice way of writing decoupled and re-usable code! And that is something I find extremely fascinating! Alas, I’m an idiot and don’t seem to understand it with the examples and even though there are some Youtube videos about the subject, let’s face it, they’re not Ben (or any other Gamedev.tv staff)… :wink:

TL;DR: When will we see Unity DOTS course?

PS. Have a great day, reader!

2 Likes

" even though there are some Youtube videos about the subject, let’s face it, they’re not Ben (or any other Gamedev.tv staff)…"

I couldn’t agree more with that statement!

And YES!!! I would love to see a game dedicate to the Job System! Maybe an RTS, there is a lack of tutorials of that particular genre, even if we only use primitives, like peasant cubes and spheres soldiers! Make it happen @sampattuzzi and @Rick_Davidson! xD

1 Like

We don’t have a concrete plan but we have been waiting for things to settle down a bit. We hope to cover it soon but I can’t give any particular time scale.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms