When Shooting the Turret turns to the Mouse Lock Position

When clicking Fire the Debug Sphere gets Drawn and then The Turret will rotate to wherever the mouse was first captured when entering play mode.

I can work around this by selecting “Do Not Lock” in the Default Viewport Mouse Lock Mode but, I don’t recall seeing this mentioned in any videos so far.

I’m on a Mac not Windows.

To clarify, it will stay there if you move the mouse afterward?

No the turret will turn and aim as expected but, as soon as Fire is pressed it will fire and then the Turret immediately snaps to wherever the mouse cursor was when you first clicked on the play screen.

For example:

Press play and the game starts you can still see the mouse cursor.

Move the mouse so that the turret points to the left.

Click the mouse and the cursor disappears as the play screen captures the mouse.

Now play the game every time you fire the turret will now snap to the left after firing.

Like I mentioned setting “Do Not Lock” and everything works correctly.

I think this is a mac specific issue. Someone else ran into this as well a while ago and I can’t remember the outcome of that, sorry.

It’s a normal mouse, right? I remember a very long time ago there was a problem specifically with the Magic Mouse.

Agree I think it must be a very Mac specific thing.

Its a Logitech MX Master 35.

I previously used a Magic Mouse but, had issues with it when doing CodeMonkeys TBS Unity course. Also the Magic Mouse is useless for Blender.

I’ve finished the Toon Tanks course now and my workaround didn’tt stop any of the rest of the course from working.

Also I should add this course is probably one of the best GD.TV courses I’ve done + the support has been a lot better than the other courses.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms