When I added light

They say you need to rebuild the light once you add a new light. When I do Build Lighting Only, the words to build disappear. Why does that come up? Do I have to do this every time I add a new light?
I didn’t do this when I first added the light… why is this all of a sudden?

Yesterday, I reinstalled Epic Games and Unreal while leaving the project behind, is that why?

If you’re asking about the warning saying lights need to be rebuilt. That’s just so that the lighting accurately depicts the scene as static lights are, as the name suggests, static i.e. not dynamic and can’t be changed during the game. They are pre-computed.

Then, should I build it whenever such a phrase appears?

(The flow of sentences may not be natural because I used a translator.)

Only if you want to look at accurate lighting of the scene.

So you don’t have to build every time this phrase comes out.
Can I ask you one more question?

No and go ahead.

When I wrote this, I was curious because the last answer didn’t come. Is it a problem with my laptop or did I set it up incorrectly? I would like to know if this is something that cannot be solved. Or is there any other way to make it darker?

Are you sure you aren’t using a lower setting here:

especially shadows in particular

The screen percentage is different from mine. I have zero. Should I raise it to 100 as shown in the picture?
Everything is the same except screen percentage. The rest are all written in Epic

Then I’m not quite sure to be honest. What GPU do you have?

When I installed Unreal, the graphics card didn’t fit. So I installed the graphics card.
I installed this gfx_win_101.5085_101.5122.
The display adapter shows Intel(R)Iris(R)XeGraphics.

Current Driver The version is 31.0.101.5085.
gfx_win_101.5085_101.5122 Double-click this to install something. However, the graphics card still looks like Intel(R)Iris(R)XeGraphics

The processor is 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

That would mean you’re using integrated graphics. Unreal really needs a dedicated GPU. I can’t say if that’s the reason why you’re experiencing that problem but I wouldn’t rule it out.

Downloading a graphics card may be meaningless behavior…
What kind of graphics card should I usually use? Can you recommend it?

You can’t download a graphics card. It’s a physical part of the computer.

Then I might buy a computer next time. Can you recommend which graphics card to use?

I haven’t really been keeping up with GPU developments for quite a few years so not quite sure what the landscape is now.

The documentation just specifies “DirectX 11 or 12 compatible” which isn’t too helpful.

There’s a good chance we can’t fix it at the moment. I’d rather keep it this way until I buy a computer

I have a question, but basically, the Demonstation map applies lighting, but why doesn’t it apply to the new map?

Presumably the lighting and/or post process volume are not identical.

Then if I apply the same thing, can I also darken the inside?

Privacy & Terms