?what's best -Unity or Unreal engine?

???what’s best -Unity or Unreal engine? I’m confused.

That’s a highly subjective question. Unity is far easier to use but is slower overall and is way behind the capabilities of unreal engine.
If you want to work on 2d or mobile games, Unity wins hands down IMO. For 3D,it depends on what you want to achieve.

For me, I always find unity to feel like a tool for children and in fact I used it at first to teach my son coding. C# is a simpler language to be honest.

But then you have the power and speed of blueprint and then the flexibility of C++ which is far more difficult and you are more likely to crash the engine.

For me, it’s the fact that out of the box Unreal looks amazing without any real effort. I remember dealing with Unity for a project years ago and they had to bake the lighting for VR and it took almost a day rendering the machine unusable. It still didn’t look anywhere near as good as UE.

So, UE looks better but overall there’s a lot more to learn and is more complicated.

For Unity, it is more difficult to get the graphics looking good but it is a far easier tool to learn.

Performance in terms of development and compile times comes down to machine setup. Unreal is faster for blueprint, slower if C++. Saying that, latest versions of Unity are incredibly sluggish too.

For me, I will say right tool for the job and that happens to be Unreal. It really depends on what you are wanting to achieve and how quickly.

1 Like

Thank you, very much, for taking the time to give me such a detailed answer. I hope you’re enjoying a great today?! Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms