What is the purpose of using cached poses in Animation

Hi , i was just wondering what is the purpose of using Cached poses, the video does not explain the reason for using it and i tried google it and looking at the unreal engine documentation and cant find a clear explanation for it, hope someone can advise me on this.

Cheers

Do you understand what caching means in general?

1 Like

Can you refer me to the point in the course where they are referred to or used so I can have some context.

Hi @beegeedee ,

It’s under the " Unreal 5 Stealth Combat: Make Stealth Games in UE5 Blueprint" course video “Crouch Locomotion State” , i’ve attached a screenshot at the point where cached poses is used(video at 1:26 min)

Hi @DanM ,

Yes i’m aware of what caching in general is for.

I’m new to using Unreal engine 5, thus i don’t quite get it when used in the animation context

It just means it holds it in memory for performance reasons. Nothing more than that.

EDIT: It is like creating a variable that refers to the output of locomotion so it can be accessed elsewhere, as in caching the results of the Locomotion State Machine.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms