What is the best course to learn advanced unity?

what is the best course to learn advanced unity?
I am currently learning Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D course from Rick, would like to laern more advanced course, is there any advanced course from gamedev.tv that would be helpful?

Hi dkojer,

Are you interested in 3D games? If so, you could proceed with our Unity RPG courses.

Hi Nina,

I am looking for more technical depth knowledge of Unity, not just making games but also learning all of the technical features of Unity like unity test framework, rendering pipelines, shaders and more.
Does Gamedev has any of those, doesn’t have to be in a single course but spanned across courses.

@Marc_Carlyon, what would you recommend?

Try Penny De Byl, she’s an excellent instructor and has 30+ years of experience in game development, her courses deep dive in many topics. I think not specifically all unity-related but she does use a lot of features inside Unity new & older frameworks generally goes into deep about the fundaments of a lot whats going on behind the scenes inside Unity.

1 Like

Hi Dkojer,

The only ones that really come to mind are the Unity Shaders course we have and also the Unity UI Toolkit although the latter may not be what you are looking for.
We don’t really have any courses on the Unity Test Framework or Rendering Pipelines to my knowledge.
There may be some more targetted unity tutorials on their website but in honesty i havent looked at their site in a very long time.

Hope this helps a bit

Marc

Thanks Marc and Brandon.

I kind of found something on Udemy, perhaps has what I am looking for.
https://www.udemy.com/course/ultimate-unity-overview/
It’s from Code Monkey, has about 70+ tools covered in the tutorials.
Hopefully someone finds it helpful in the future.

I haven’t finished this rewrite of the Saving System tutorial yet, but I have finished the introduction, which includes Test Driven Development, specifically using the Test Framework.

1 Like

I highly recommend Dr. Penny de Byl, and Nicholas Lever courses for anything related to render pipelines and shaders, they are great.

As for test framework, I haven’t came across anything related to that other than youtube videos.

I also suggest checking Unity’s learning site, there you can find some interesting things and even get some free assets for prototyping.

Privacy & Terms