What I learned form writing this program so far

Taking this tutorial has given me confidence on how to code in C#. I know that C++ and JavaScript use if-else and switch statement, so I was familiar with that. What I find hard to grasp are the lines of code with void in them. I’m not sure what void is supposed to do. Also, using input as a string parameter in the line got me confused for a while. Does this work because CheckPassword in this line is a global and under the (function?) <void OnUserInput(string input)> CheckPassword is a local variable?? Anyway, I believe that looking more into the supplemental reading links and going through more lessons will help clarifying things up for me.

I have a problem comprehending void too. I take it at face value for right now. Void does not return a value… and yet there is our code on the terminal screen. I just cannot wrap my head around the language of that statement. I know in functions or definitions you can return a value. Don’t know if that is the same thing. Like I have heard in Blender, you will get it when you get it when trying to understand the more abstract tools. Somethings just take time.

You’ll get to know what void does later in the course, just keep going and don’t let this kind of questions bother you too much.

Privacy & Terms