What I ended up doing with the Bulls and Cows

Here’s what the changes are to my Bulls and Cows scene are!

I first gave the cow on the left a little buddy on his head (though his hooves make it look like the bigger cow is quite angry)

I took one of the tree tops and put it by the fence to work as a bush!

I also noticed that the tree leaves had a wind shader! I have some experience in Unity already designing levels so I was able to find the shader and increase the strength and speed of the wind to make it more noticeable. Here is it in action: domas

From what else I already knew from Unity, I was able to do some poking around and found out how to edit the landscape in here! At first I only was able to raise and lower it and couldn’t find any of the other tools but I looked around and I found out how to use the rest. Still wasn’t able to find out how to switch the brush type though. So far I really do prefer terrain editing in Unreal than Unity. It has more tools, for example, the ramp tool which would have saved SO much time for me if it was in Unity. Painting grass and actors on the terrain also has a cool feature where you can select multiple different actors to paint at a time, which once again isn’t present in Unity and will definitely be a real time saver here.

Another thing I found to be real cool was that there is a landscape auto material set up! While I cant manually paint grass or cliff, it ends up being so helpful as it automatically does it for me. I have seen people do this in Unity before, but it was through some extra work/buying an asset so having this built in is awesome! Here is a video of what I’m talking about: domas

Another really awesome thing was the fact that the layers I could paint with were falling off naturally instead of a gradient. Once again this is something you can do in Unity as well but it’s not part of the base package, so people have to buy a tool that has it or make their own.

A change I made and saved to my editor window layout was moving the outliner to the left. Anyone who has used Unity before might understand why :stuck_out_tongue:

And here is the final scene in all it’s glory!

1 Like

Your final scene is incredible :open_mouth:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms