What happened to my course?

I had a different course I was doing, C+ and unity. I’ve been working on it the last few months. When I logged in today, that course is gone. This replaced it and all of my progress is erased. Did I get charged for this new course? Is my old course still available ? Is this just like an update, and if so how frequently do these occur ? Is there a way to be notified ahead of time if this occurs again?

(My old course is not in my learning/archived)

GameDev.tv updates some of the courses from time to time. They don’t charge you for the updates. AFAIK, you can still access the old material, but I’ve never really looked for the old content.

1 Like

Hey Rexx,

Thanks for your message. Yes we updated the course to the latest version of Unity. As @MichaelP said we do this periodically to make sure the students have the most up to date teaching practices and new features in the software.

We understand it’s frustrating to lose your progress, and do our best to provide plenty of notice in advance when we’re planning an update. On GameDev.tv we sent an email a month in advance to let students know this was about to happen, and on Udemy we sent several Educational Announcements to keep students updated. However if you’ve opted out of receiving announcements / emails on either platform then these won’t make it through to you.

If you have the course on GameDev.tv then you’ll automagically have access to both the original course content and the new course content. If you have the course on Udemy please check Section 7: Updates and Important Messages for details of how to access the original content.

Hope this helps?
Lucy

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms