What graphics tablet should i get for sculpting in Blender?

Hi everyone. I am a new Blender user and so far I’ve been using a mouse for sculpting. I would like to start sculpting more seriously and was looking for a tablet to buy.
I saw quite a few articles about this subject online and was wondering what’s your take on it? which one is reliable? with or without screen?

Feel free to share any recommendations. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I use a wacom intuous s.
It does the job but like your article says traditional tablets take time to get used to. If you can get a graphics tablet with a screen it will fill much more natural if you are already used to drawing.

For instance I use my ipad pro and procreate for digital drawing because it feels much better, but for sculpting I am used to using the standard tablet, same for texture painting.

The best recommendation I can give is stick with wacom generally if you want the best driver support. But wacom graphics tablets with screen are really expensive. So if not in your budget, I would start with a standard graphics tablet since you are new.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

My preferred ‘tablet’ is a Logitech (B100) basic mouse. :grinning: :mouse2:

I have a Huion Tablet, never use it. One thing I found really horrid about tablet pens its they have buttons on them that forever click themselves and then do something strange. But as has been mentioned especially for people who draw a lot with a pencil they may find a tablet and pen more usable.

It is a bit like hand writing anything these days, it feels really odd. Just never any case most of the time ever to write by hand any more. Type it, print it or send it, actually legible and auto spell checked!

See now, I’ve been using a Wacom tablet (on my second one) for years, but never for graphic work. I use my tablet for everyday uses, as I absolutely HATE using a mouse.

I probably should try drawing with it one of these days, though the Intuous would definitely be the better Wacom model for graphic work.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms