What DPI the guider use in digital drawing?

So clear in the this video that after scaling, but my line become fuzzy after a little bit of zoom in. So I am wondering what dpi setting you are using?
My resolution(unclear):

Guider 's resolution(extremely clear):

300 PPI I am using in Photoshop, how big the PPI should I set for digital painting?

I think it is more a thing of starting with a zoom out as a rough sketch.
300ppi means 300 pixels per inch. but zooming in on your work canvas, you could end at a 1 pixel per inch.

2 Likes

The instructor said he is using digital but in a way it would be the same as paper and pencil. In the first couple of lessons he was using standard US Letter sized printer paper. In digital that would be roughly 2550 px wide by 3300 px high at 300 ppi.

I started out using a canvas size of 2000 px by 2000 px at 300 ppi. I guess it depends on how high of a resolution your computer can handle also without the brush movement becoming laggy.

2 Likes

2000 px is still 2000 px at 300 ppi or 72 ppi !

Only those 2000 pixels are compressed to fit 300 pixels inside a single inch. Or 72 pixels inside an inch.

The lower resolution gives you more ‘paper’ size to work with.

1 Like

You’re correct, The important part here, especially just for the course lessons are the dimensions (width and height). Also like you said in your original reply, to zoom out to make a larger drawing on the page.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms