What can we do with the cache.zip?

Hey there, in the Resources of the lecture What’s Next? - Exploring the Example Scene there is a cache.zip download. Most of the folders within are empty except for data and config. Whats the purpose of these files or is there any purpose for us students?

Thanks!

1 Like

@Marc_Carlyon

I took a look at it, and if I had to guess, it’s a smoke simulation. I could be wrong, but it’s some sort of voxelized data over time.; it’s full of .vdb files.

3 Likes

I would agree with this as the candles have some smoke coming from them so would suggest that its the cached data from rendering that simulation out.

2 Likes

Thats got to be it. I also saw a Cache Result option in the render properties, maybe thats what this is. Thanks @zeRgenTa and @Marc_Carlyon !

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The cache is the fire simulation that is in the fireplace, I cahced it and saved so students wouldn’t have to simulate it themselves as it can be pretty time consuming.

2 Likes

The smoke in the candles is just a cheat! It’s an image of smoke on black thats just been alpha-ed out

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms