What are background images called?

Is there a specific name for the kind of images used in the background. Where there is a person seem perfectly from the front with arms out. Maybe even a side-view or something similar as well. I’ve recently completed the course and is looking for some inspiration for my next project and I would like to make another character but i want a concept to work from and these kinds of reference images makes it all so much easier.


I just googled 3d character reference sheets if you want things others have drawn or draw them yourself?

Welcome to this site.

1 Like

You can also follow the new 2D Game Art course and design models by yourself. :wink:
Have fun!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms