Went a bit overboard

Tried to find trees on the asset store but they all had problems with the materials and/or LOD which I didnt want (and dont know much about) in my game. So in the end I decided to make my own low-poly landscape and trees. Fun fact, I took the opportunity to learn about shaders in unity and decided to color my whole landscape with a shader. None of this was colored by hand. Its not perfect especially when it looks at the height of the object to either place snow high up on montains or sand low on ground but im proud of it and I learnt quite a bit from this adventure.

PS : Are there forums I can ask about shaders and have help with on GameDev? I would like to further improve this shader and I assumed asking about it here wasn’t the proper place.

4 Likes

Wow! I love this. I spent probably 2 hours on doing it all by hand and with the assets shown in the video, but this looks way better.
Do you have any tips on where to start looking into shaders? I want to do something similar to this but with a Mid-Poly/Stylized feel.

1 Like

Thanks!
I only watched a few tutorials on how to make that precise shader since I’m also new with them and dont use them that often yet even after doing this. I’d recommend looking up on youtube and forums if you could find something that could help you achieve the look you want. And i’d love to see the result :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms