Well some sketches

Indeed, as a developer of video game, I make many sketches for 3D-modellers in my team. But sometimes as a leader of project I need skill to do models myself. So that is the reason why I’m here in these classes. I can share some sketches. Most of them are already the models, but not all.

![April 2017-11|500x500](/uploads/gamedev/original/3X/7/a/7a581dd68ba850c78f63f81a36d7b666672b3ae5.jpg)

So my actual goal at the nearest point is to make Mars Exploration Vehicle myself. I’ve tried already some approach in modeling with primitives, but now it’s time to go for real challenges!

Wish me luck, friends… And see you in the next session!

12 Likes

…awesome sketches this looks more like a comic then just simple sketch for modeling :+1::+1:
I cant wait to see some work based on this sketch…

![JUNE 2017-15|500x500](/uploads/gamedev/original/3X/d/c/dceb1fd8962392d4e51468fdd9f6aecb44a05599.jpg)

You are welcome!
But all those models are not by me. Unfortunately I’m still not very poor skilled in 3D.

5 Likes

Hello, man!
You wanted to see, what’s out of sketches?
Welcome!

This was my sketch (top item)

And here is result. My modelling!

1 Like

I’d like to share some progress in my blender skills. All of them are based on course on this Blender course where I passed chess modelling and 36% of another course, by Brandon Hix, teaching me to model sport concept car.

That is a cockpit of Mars exploration vehicle.
You may look at my sketch of it.

Cockpit is probably the most detailed part of exterior.

Thank you! I continue my Journey!

2 Likes

Finally the entire exterior is ready, Yet some details are to be done. As well as base and wheels, But the main part of exterior is complete.

Finally my friend helped me with wheels base, while wheel design I made by myself. As well as stairs and other details in vehicle exterior.

1 Like

Very very impressive, wish I could catch on this fast, iv been practicing for 2 years now and am not this good. Just look at my work. Again nice job.

Thank you, my friend. I simply looked at all that my colleagues in project do and feel that it is easier to from pencil sketch to model if you are an author of both. And yes, I’m a great fan of space exploration and developing this particular game for me is an AIM OF MY LIFE. I’m absolutely serious. Where do I can look at your models? Please share. I sow Pyramid, but in other ways exact links could be better :slight_smile: Thank you!

Yea, I feel my progress. This model took my 13 days (well weekend days end common work day evenings). I could be better and faster, but my official job is far from Space and Gamedev. Anyway I started learning Blender in the middle August. So yes, I achieved some progress.

Here @Human_Planet_Studio

There’s tge bulk of my work XD

Everything is impressive, man! Wish I could become as good as you, but yet I passed only chess modelling and 36% of concept car modelling course. So I’m in the beginning, but eager to expand my abilities. Do you want to participate in my project as 3d-modeller? We are doing that yet for free, in our free time, so i can not promise any salary at this moment. We do the game because we love space exploration, wish to make space exploration game with educational content, without any war and conflict with arms. Game of cooperation, competition and Whole Humanity future in Solar system in next 200 years and little bit further.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the offer. I will have to think about it and get back to you ok.

Was busy with some jpbs on project. Here is my recent progress.
April%202018-7April%202018-6

they looked absolutely marvelous! i felt inspired by your sketches

Thank you, Jonathan! You can find more about our project here
http://realuniverse.ru/

Can not get clue why the Normals look… strange in Sketchfab.
In Unity its all okay. But some things are still to be done.

And by the way, these Bones and Rigs are made by hand, not using Armature presets or Riggify functions.
I don’t know why Sketchfab says there is no rigging. They exist.

1 Like

Final version of space suits.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms